How can you help us fight the virus?
5 days ago
We are doing all we can to keep our customers and employees safe and healthy, but there are things that you can do to help limit the spread of the Coronavirus when using our services.
We are already in the process of cordoning off the seats directly behind the drivers to help social distancing, but if you get on a bus that hasn't had this happen yet, please don't sit in these seats.
The other things you do to can help us and your fellow passengers are:
- Where possible, please use cashless payments on the bus. You can pay by contactless bankcard, using our mobile app or with your smartcard.
- Please follow Public Health England's guidelines on washing your hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and warm water before leaving to get the bus. Once you have arrived at your ultimate destination, wash your hands again.
- When waiting for the bus, please allow the two metre social distancing spacing.
- When boarding the bus, please try to board one at a time and not close the space up too much to the person in front.
- When on the bus, please try and space yourselves out - we appreciate that retaining the two metre space might not be possible, but please try and maintain as much distance from other customers as possible
- If you have to cough or sneeze, please use a tissue and dispose of it hygenically once you have left the bus. Please do not use the bins on-board. If you don't have a tissue, sneeze or cough into your elbow.
- Do not travel if you feel unwell. Please go online for NHS resources.
- Please only travel if necessary - if you are a key worker or are making a trip to shop for essentials. This will help ensure that these essential journeys can be made safely.