save with Boost
Boost your way around Reading!
Save up to 1/3 off your bus fare with our student Boost tickets.
All University of Reading students are eligible to buy Boost tickets - our name for student discount fares on our mobile app.
Simply download our app before you travel, select a Boost ticket, verify your account and get saving!*
When buying Boost tickets on the app, you must first verify that you are eligible for these tickets by either proving you are 18 and under or a full time student at the University of Reading. To find out more about verification, click here.
Students over the age of 18 can only buy boost on our mobile app, otherwise, you will be asked to pay the full adult price onboard.
- £2 single trip - get anywhere in the simplyReading zone
- £3.40 unlimited, all day travel - get anywhere in the simplyReading zone
Planning to travel more frequently?
Here are some great money saving options so you can get the best price.
Buy one of these and you'll save 40p per trip - only £16*. Perfect for nights out or if the weather's not great! Buy on a smartcard and top up online or on our amazing app and just buy a new set of trips when you need them. Simply tap the card or scan your mTicket on our ticket machine by the driver to deduct a trip from your total. Use the trips whenever you like - there's no expiry date. Simply pay as you go! Find out how to get your ticket here.
*£17 from bus shop
Our simplyUni season tickets are the best option for staff and students who travel 3-4 days or more a week, or who need to catch multiple buses. These smartcards make travel cheaper and give you unlimited travel within the simplyReading area. If you travel a lot, this is your cheapest option!
15 Sept - 10 Dec
8 Jan - 24 Mar
15 Apr - 9 Jun
An academic smartcard is valid for the academic year until 9 June 2024 including semester holidays.
valid for 365 days
An annual smartcard is valid for 365 days from the date purchased.
Get your simplyUni card here
ways to pay
- Smartcard - your tickets on an easy to use card. Top it up online and go! Just hold your card on the reader.
- App - download the 'Reading Buses' app to get cheaper tickets. Simply scan the QR code on the bus once you've activated your ticket. Find out more
- Contactless - ask the driver for your ticket and then simply hold your contactless card on the ticket machine to pay
- Cash - you'll need exact money as our drivers don't carry change
Bus shop - you can buy new smartcards and top-up existing ones at our bus shop in the Broad Street Mall, Reading. Our super friendly team also help with routes and destinations that are best for you.
travelling by train & bus?
- Pay for your bus ticket when you buy your train ticket using PLUSBUS and you could save money on your bus travel
- If you have a 16-25 Railcard, you can save one-third off your PLUSBUS ticket
- Find out more in our PLUSBUS leaflet or visit plusbus.info.