save with Boost
Boost your way around Reading!
Save up to 1/3 off your bus fare with our Boost tickets. Simply show your student campus card to the driver, ask for a Boost fare and get saving!*
You must show your student ID to the driver when you buy any Boost product, otherwise you may be asked to pay full adult price.
- £1.50 single trip - get anywhere in the simplyReading zone
- £2.70 unlimited, all day travel - get anywhere in the simplyReading zone
Planning to travel more frequently?
Here are some great money saving options so you can get the best price.
Buy one of these and you'll save 20p per trip - only £13*. Perfect for nights out or if the weather's not great! Simply tap the card on our ticket machine by the driver to deduct a trip from your total. You can top it up online when you're running low on trips. Use the trips whenever you like - there's no expiry date. Simply pay as you go! Find out how to get your ticket here.
*£14 from bus shop
Get your boostsaver10 card here
Our simplyUni season tickets are the best option for staff and students who travel 3-4 days or more a week, or who need to catch multiple buses. There smartcards make travel cheaper and give you unlimited travel within the simplyReading area. If you travel a lot, this is your cheapest option!
23 Sept - 14 Dec
14 Jan - 29 Mar
23 Apr - 14 Jun
An academic smartcard is valid for the academic year until 12 June 2020 including semester holidays.
valid for 365 days
An annual smartcard is valid for 365 days from the date purchased.
Get your simplyUni card here
ways to pay
- Smartcard - your tickets on an easy to use card. Top it up online and go! Just hold your card on the reader.
- App - download the 'Reading Buses' app to get cheaper tickets. Simply scan the barcode on the bus once you've got your ticket. Find out more
- Contactless - ask the driver for your ticket. Simply hold your contactless card on the ticket machine to pay
- Cash - you'll need exact money as our drivers don't carry change
Bus shop - you can buy new smartcards and top-up existing ones at our bus shop in the Broad Street Mall, Reading. Our super friendly team also help with routes and destinations that are best for you.
travelling by train & bus?
- Pay for your bus ticket when you buy your train ticket using PLUSBUS and you could save money on your bus travel
- If you have a 16-25 Railcard, you can save one-third off your PLUSBUS ticket
- Find out more in our PLUSBUS leaflet or visit plusbus.info.