Vehicle Inspector & Technician - £16.06 ph
We’re looking for an exceptional person for an exceptional role, based at our growing Newbury depot.
- Performing vehicle inspections
- Making repairs across all technical disciplines
- Particularly focused on mechanical and body repairs
- Planning and managing workload across twenty vehicles
Our ideal candidates will:
- Have technical competence and substantial technical experience in a bus or commercial vehicle environment
- Demonstrate problem solving in a structured and clear manner
- Demonstrate a contribution to vehicle maintenance processes by identifying issues and proposing solutions
- Have evidence of managing their own workload and reporting performance, including managing a budget.
- Demonstrate communication skills, written and verbal, including formal and informal delivery of training.
Being 2015 UK Bus Operator of the Year, we are looking to grow our engineering team to build reliability and continue to lead the industry.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to Caroline Anscombe, HR Director, Reading Buses, Great Knollys Street, RG1 7HH or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Trainee Bus Drivers
Reading Buses is a great place to work so why not think about a career with us – it’s all about people! We are looking for some friendly, caring and confident people who are passionate about customer service to join our team as trainee bus drivers.
All you need is a can-do, customer focused attitude and a car licence. Our Academy will train you to help you get your PCV licence and your professional development will continue throughout your employment.
Average basic pay starts at over £23,000 rising to £26,500+. Other benefits include a performance bonus, a pension scheme, generous holiday, free travel on Reading Buses and a smart uniform.
Reading Buses is an equal opportunity employer and we would love to hear from you. Call us on 0118 959 4000 for an application form or email email@example.com for more information.
Come and be a star at Reading Buses!
Already got a PCV licence but want to improve your driving skills? Do you have staff who need a driving
assessment or CPC hours?
Here are the courses we have available for drivers with a full PCV licence.
Drivers CPC Course
Safe and Efficient driving 7 hours. Includes:
- Eco-friendly driving
- Accident damage/repair costs
Course costs 1 - 5 drivers £85.00 + VAT per driver per day.
For more details call Mick Hughes, RTL Academy Team Leader on 0118 959 4000
or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org