Bus drivers wanted
We're looking for enthusiastic and customer friendly bus or coach drivers to join Newbury & District, part of the award-winning Reading Buses family.
There's great flexibility to tailor hours, ranging from fixed rostered hours or flexible hours through to part-time hours during school term-time.
Based out of our Greenham depot, Newbury & District is a name synonymous with public transport in West Berkshire since 1932. 88 years later we’re proud to be providing the very highest levels of service with modern buses and a small team of friendly drivers. As Newbury & District bus driver you will be delivering the highest standards of customer service, safety and comfort for your passengers.
Job requirements include:
- A valid, clean, car driving licence
- A valid PCV driving licence, or join as trainee to get your PCV license
- Driver Qualification Card
- Previous experience in bus or coach driving preferred but not necessary as training can be given
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Outstanding customer service skills
- A can-do attitude
- Successful candidates will need to have a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check
Salary & Benefits include:
- An hourly rate of £12.30 M-F and £15 M-F 12am-6am, Sat/Sun, public holidays.
- Yearly salary of up to £26,700
- A PAE pension scheme
- An award-winning training team
- 24 days holiday plus public holidays
- Free uniform
- Employee discounts on shopping, holidays & cinema through an online hub
- Employee assistance scheme
- Free CPC training
Responsibilities and duties include:
- taking passengers to their destinations
- selling and checking tickets
- making announcements during the journey
- assisting customers with potential queries
Reading Buses is an equal opportunity employer.